We have pledged to contribute to change through our commitment to climate action and Sustainable Development Goals. Building on our long legacy of caring for people, communities and the planet, we are embedding sustainability into our value chain. We are making our operations sustainable while setting industry benchmarks in employee safety and well-being, community development and responsible business conduct. We draw inspiration from the indomitable spirit of our people at the forefront of realizing our goal of delivering affordable and transformative healthcare for all. We believe securing a sustainable tomorrow is our shared responsibility and we are making consistent efforts towards that objective
Shriji’s Sustainability Mantra –
“At Shriji , The Sustainability Mantra is Reduce, Recycle and Renew. We implement a variety of initiatives to Reduce Waste , Recycle Water and Generate Renew Energy; targeting Minimal Carbon Footprint , Protecting Environment and Promoting Community Development” –
Vishnu Jajoo , Joint Managing Director
Shriji Polymers India Limited is committed to promote a vital healthy environment. As a manufacturing company, we strive to ensure that our products meet the highest safety standards for our customers while implementing a culture that embraces diversity and promotes a safe and productive environment.
We also have the responsibility to utilise natural resources in ways that minimise our impact on the environment and on the livelihoods of the local communities. We do so by promoting environmental sustainability initiatives with employees as well as working in partnership with our stakeholders and personnel to achieve ongoing environmental and sustainable operational improvements.
To uphold our ESG commitment to the concerned stakeholders, we are guided by the following core principles in our day-to-day operations.
- Ensure the highest standards in product safety and quality.
- Be non-discriminatory (whether on grounds of gender, race or disability), and adopt equality and diversity in employment practice.
- Respect human rights and ensure no exploitation of child or forced labour.
- Act responsibly with respect to the environment, aiming for a sustainable approach to the use of resources; and Recognise and manage the potential impact of our value chain to the environment, workers, communities, and society.
Our ESG pillars include:
- Reducing Carbon Footprint
- Responsible Water Stewardship
- Sustainable Product Packaging
- Ensuring workplace Safety
- Workplace Diversity & Inclusion
- Employee Welfare
Shriji Polymers India Limited is committed to the cause of conservation and continual improvement in the areas of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS).
As a global manufacturer, we are committed to complying with all environmental, health and safety regulatory requirements in every region in which we operate, and acting as “good neighbors” in all of our communities.
We believe that balance in Economic, Social and Environmental objectives, permeating through everyday conduct of business is the key to achieve the goal of Sustainable Development.
And to achieve our sustainable goals, we shall:
- Adopt manufacturing processes & practices to ensure prevention of pollution at each stage.
- Build a network of responsible business partners, to diligently ensure environmental stewardship across our sustainable value chain from the sourcing of raw materials to the manufacture and distribution of our products.
- Take full cognizance of EHS considerations and aim to continually adopt higher standards during planning of projects, products & processes; and equipment & material procurement.
- Assess and seek to minimize the adverse impact of business activities on the environment and communities where our operations are located.
- Comply with applicable EHS regulations and participate with government, industry and others concerned in creating responsible laws, regulations and standards.
- Work towards pollution prevention by eliminating or reducing environmental emissions & waste; and resource conservation including efficient use of energy and water.
- Record and investigate all incidents & near misses, and share & implement the learning to prevent re-occurrence.
- Train employees & contractors on workplace hazards, associated risks and arrangements to mitigate them.
- Periodically audit EHS systems and benchmark its operations against progressive international standards.
- Provide necessary resources for the implementation and monitoring of this policy.
- Encourage employees to explore new ways to improve performance, proactively conserve resources, prevent pollution and enhance safety conditions.
Shriji never steps behind following its social responsibility rather it actively participates to outperform for the welfare of the nation. It has been Shriji’s constant endeavor to create and transform society to facilitate active partnerships in areas of health, education and environment. Shriji sponsors a charitable trust- “Shri Vyanktesh Parmaarthik Nyaas” which disburses advances for providing health benefits in terms of medicines and medical treatment. In addition, Shriji also provides financial support for educating kids from weaker sections. The funds thus employed goes towards the purchase of books, stationery, uniforms as well as paying fees for the students.
Shriji also runs a homeopathic clinic – “Narsingh Homeopathic Clinic“. This endeavor provides free healthcare and medicines for the financially weaker section bringing good health in the reach of a larger section.
Furthermore, various CSR activities are being performed by Shriji every now and then for the wellbeing of the society. Recently, Shriji distributed “Sanitary pads” at one of the Anganwadi centres in Ujjain. The activities don’t stop here; there are many yet to be conducted.